Friday, December 19, 2008

7 weeks to go

I can hardly believe that Faith's birth is just 7 weeks away. Time seems to be passing by much too quickly. I wish I knew how to slow it down. I guess I can either watch in horror as the time goes by or I can cherish these moments.

Some of you must be praying for my back pain to let up because I was able to sit in chair for almost 3 hours today (while catching up with Esther) and I only experienced a little pain. Usually I can't sit for more than a few minutes before the pain is too much. God is good :)

There is something else that I especially want to thank Him for today. God has blessed me throughout this pregnancy but it has been a painful road. This is supposed to be the happiest time in a woman's life. I am supposed to be getting congratulations, not condolences. I am supposed to be getting a nursery ready, not making funeral arrangements. A friend I grew up with was going to make a carrot cake for my baby shower... then all the sudden there was no baby shower. One thing that has really hurt me is seeing other women have their baby showers and knowing that no one would throw one for me.

But I am happy to say that I will be having a shower for Faith after all! I didn't expect anyone to throw me one knowing Faith's life expectancy, but my friends offered to throw one for me in early January. I don't expect to be showered with gifts (there is nothing that we really need) but I am so thankful. My friend Jennifer suggested that we have a "prayer shower" where we would read Scripture and pray and celebrate Faith's coming with friends. I just hope that this will be a happy occasion and not a tearful one.