Friday, February 27, 2009

8 days old

Faith turned 8 days old today! Mommy is happy but very tired... I haven't had much time for the computer lately but I just wanted to let you know that Faith is doing well. We started her UV light therapy today and hopefully it will help with her jaundice. She ate well today and frequent feedings are supposed to help too. The only thing that I don't like about the light therapy is that I don't get to hold her as much... but if it helps break down some of the biliruben in her system than it's worth it. I really don't like to see her so yellow. I am always so relieved when she starts to pink up. It kind of goes up and down. I need to push that breastmilk through her as best I can. I figured out a good trick for stimulating her to eat today and it's kind of cute. I sort of nuzzle her face with mine and put my nose to her mouth. She eventually starts sucking on my nose and then once she gets going I introduce the syringe. It really works! And did I mention it's cute? I'll have to get that on video. Anyways I really really need sleep, so it's bed time for me and Faith. Thanks for checking in on us :)