Friday, February 6, 2009

Due today

Well, today's our due date (and Grandpa's birthday). No signs of active labour yet but we're getting closer. Since Saturday I've been really sleepy and having menstrual-like cramps. The cramps have been getting more frequent and yesterday I started to have some tummy upset too (which is actually more than tummy upset but I'll spare you the details). I guess my body is naturally clearing itself out. I'm not sure how much longer it will be before active labour kicks in, but I wouldn't be surprised if it started sometime this weekend. There is a full moon on Monday, so we'll see what happens then. We have a check-up and another profile scheduled for today and I really don't feel up to leaving the house at all, but I guess I have no choice. It will be nice to see her on the ultrasound monitor again, though. That never ceases to amaze me. Anyway, time to get more sleep... I'll update again soon.

(Later that day...)

Our profile went well. My fluid levels are up to 28.5 but that's not too bad. We scored 6/10 today but the points we lost don't really indicate anything. We lost 2 points because my fluid levels are high and 2 points because Faith's heart rate didn't fluctuate 15 bpm above the resting heart rate in a certain amount of time. But everything looks good. She is swallowing (and peeing) and she's practicing her breathing movements (her chest moves up and down as if she was breathing air). And she has good tone, which means she's moving normally I guess. I did get another picture today. It's not as clear as the one she took last week but you can see her lips, nose, and chin from the side. She sure has a pretty set of lips, doesn't she?



Anyway, I am exhausted so I think I'm going to lay down for a while... thanks for checking up on us!