Wednesday, March 11, 2009

19 days old

Well technically it's now Wednesday, so Faith will be turning 20 days old today :) But since I haven't gone to bed yet, I'm going to pretend it's still Tuesday. It was really beautiful out today, so I took Faith outside for some fresh air. We went for our first walk :) I don't have a stroller, but I bundled her up close to me in that baby wrap, which might actually be better than a stroller this time of year. My body heat kept her plenty warm. Oh, and I guess strollers aren't very good for walks down on the marsh! Faith is doing very well. She is a nice healthy pink colour today. And she is looking prettier everyday, she really is. I don't know if I ever mentioned it before, but apart from a saline dressing on her head (which is changed once a day) Faith is living a completely normal life. It's quite miraculous, considering she was diagnosed with having "no brain." She is not only surviving, but seems to be thriving. And contrary to pretty much everything that the medical community believes about anencephaly, Faith is functioning at the same level as any "normal" baby of her age. In fact, she seems to be a little more advanced for her age. You don't have to take my word for it... I have hundreds of videos to prove it. And no, this wasn't a misdiagnosis... I have been asked that before. The only error here is the false information that doctors are being taught about anencephaly in med schools. They ought to open their minds and their eyes. Well, we should be going to bed now. Thanks for checking in!