Saturday, March 21, 2009

30 days old

Faith is still very weezy and working hard to breathe. Her lungs sound very constricted, but I'm not really sure what the problem is or what caused it... it could have been aspiration from before her feeding tube was inserted or the tube could have started it. I wish I knew what was going on with her lungs. I hope she doesn't have an infection. I've been giving her Motrin every 6 hours, so there wouldn't likely be a fever to indicate an infection if she did have one. I don't think this is normal decline, it seems more like something got into her lungs. Right now we are doing everything we can to treat the symptoms (within reason... it's not like we're going to admit her to the hospital), but until we know the root cause, there's not much we can do to solve the problem. I'm trying to relax but you know... it's hard to relax when your baby is having trouble breathing. Well I should go now, but just wanted to post a quick update on how things are going. Thanks for checking in!